Saturday, February 21, 2009

La Rondine

I just saw La Rondine, which wasn't my favorite opera but it was still very good. Yet another story of attainable then unattainable love, excessive in its use of the superlative, and overflowing with emotions that people tend to repress in our current day. The opera was more modern as compared to the others I've seen. I prefer the traditional ones best -- the lavish costumes and explosive music (and explosive-looking singers). I was sad to see that there weren't any overweight or obese singers in La Rondine. There's a noticeable difference: the music trumps their voices, whereas, larger bodies may be able to project louder tones.

No comments:

Nutrition Website

My personal blog here at Blogger is still going to remain intact; however, please visit my new website, http://marissabeck.wordpress.com, which will host more nutrition topics (because obviously you just can't get enough!)